- To improve the physical and psychological well being of people who have had breast cancer
- To provide support to people whose breast cancer has recurred
- To support breast cancer research and encourage the pursuit of a cure
- To raise awareness of breast cancer in our region
We’re a group of breast cancer survivors and supporters who believe that staying strong physically and mentally benefits ourselves and our community.
As part of our mission to raise awareness, we take part in a number of events around Prince George such as Relay for Life and Run for the Cure. We also do presentations on breast cancer and dragon boating and participate in various wellness and health information activities.
Who can join?
We welcome adults at all fitness levels.
Practice times and location:
- Over the winter we do dryland training at the YMCA.
- In March and April we practice indoors at a community pool.
- Sunday practices begin sometime in May and Wednesday evening practices are added toward the end of June. All practices are held at West Lake, just outside of Prince George.
To find out more detailed information about our practices, please email us at email@example.com.
We participate in one dragon boat festival a year. Throughout the year, we hold bake sales and other fundraisers to raise money for festival costs.
We have a yearly membership fee of $50.00. We fundraise to keep the fees as low as possible.